At the January 28 2023 Royal Rumble, Rhea Ripley entered that match at the less-than-desirable number-one spot.
Historically, the number 27 spot has been the most productive when it comes to WWE superstars who have gone on to win the event.
Four men have won the Royal Rumble after entering at #27: Big John Studd (1989,) Yokozuna (1993,) Bret Hart (1994,) and ‘Stone Cold’ Steve Austin (1997).
Following Ripley’s victory, #1 spot has now tied with the coveted #27 spot, with four WWE superstars now winning the Rumble having been in the starting position.
Ripley was joined by Liv Morgan in the #2 spot and the pair would see it through to the final seconds, with Ripley eventually eliminating Morgan after more than one hour of in-ring action.
In 1995, Shawn Michaels became the first WWE superstar to outlast 29 other participants.
He would win the match by eliminating his #2 opponent, The British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith.
In 2004, Chris Benoit would enter at #1, winning the match by eliminating The Big Show.
Edge would win the 2021 Men’s Royal Rumble.
This would be the only Royal Rumble to be filmed without a live crowd.
Rhea Ripley recently revealed that she dislocated her knee during the Royal Rumble match.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- WWE Accidentally Leaks Scrapped WrestleMania 39 Plan
- Former WWE Star Arrives In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Appearance Rumours
- Clarification On WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event
- Latest On Plans For AEW UK Debut
- Big Matt Riddle WWE Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- CM Punk Spotted In Los Angeles With Two AEW Stars (PHOTO)
- WWE Confirms Vince McMahon An Employee Of The Company
- Carmella’s Role At WWE WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens To Pay Tribute To Their Past At WrestleMania 39