Update: Comments from Raj Giri and Brandon Thurston have been added to this news story. A fuller breakdown of Faber’s comments can be found here.
The current level of interest in the sale of WWE has been revealed and a major party has been ruled out of negotiations.
In a previous report it had been stated that WWE was set to meet potential buyers in April 2023 with Khan expecting the sale to be a relatively quick process.
Brian Last of Arcadian Podcasts and the host of the 6:05 Superpodcast, has provided an update on the current level of interest in the sale, revealing:
“David Faber on CNBC is reporting that interest has gone up for a WWE sale, with various potential buyers.
“Says it is expected to close in the “not too distant future”.
“Reiterates that Comcast is out.”
David Faber is the co-anchor for Squawk on the Street on CNBC.
He had previously told Nick Khan that Comcast (NBCU) is “probably not in the running to buy WWE.”
Raj Giri would provide further detail from Faber’s comments, stating:
“David Faber on CNBC said the WWE sale process “is going quite well” and should conclude in the “not too distant future.”
“He noted that a concern is if Vince wants to stay involved, but played Nick Khan’s response last month saying Vince was willing to not be involved.”
In February 2023, a report had referred to the presence of Vince McMahon as “a sticking point” in the sale process.
Dave Meltzer would further elaborate on this issue in a later report on the subject.
Brandon Thurston of Wrestlenomics would also provide a note on this story, saying:
“I didn’t see but hearing Squawk on the Street on CNBC mentioned multiple bidders for $WWE including Saudis, private equity, and RMT with Endeavor.”
We will continue to update the story as more details emerge.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- Another New WWE Championship Design Revealed & Big Return On SmackDown
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- Another WWE Championship Unification Match Announced
- Update On WWE Women’s Title Situation Ahead Of June 9 SmackDown
- KENTA Responds To Alternate Dream Match For CM Punk At Forbidden Door
- Popular AEW Star Sidelined With Neck Injury
- VIDEO: AEW Star Teases In-Ring Return After Almost A Year Away
- NXT Stars Interfere In Big Match On SmackDown
- Kenny Omega Vs Hijo Del Vikingo Title Match Announced