If you are a fan of anime, odds are you know what Crunchyroll is. The streaming service has become the leading provider of anime in recent years and now WWE has reportedly sold an anime series to them.
The news was broken during WWE’s first-quarter earnings call today. WWE President Nick Khan revealed the news, saying the company had sold a multi-episode anime series to the streaming service. Here is the quote, courtesy of Fightful:
“As we continued to expand WWE’s brand beyond the ring, we remain focused on developing the slate of original programming from WWE Studios. We sold a multi-episode anime series to Crunchyroll, which is now owned by Sony.”
WWE had produced their own animated shows on the WWE Network in the past, including adult comedy Camp WWE.
No other details about the nature of this new show were provided so we will offer updates on the series as soon as more information is revealed.
- Recently Departed WWE Name Signs With AEW
- Liv Morgan Throws Shade At Former WWE Star Following Nickname Controversy?
- AEW Star Turns Babyface
- Current AEW Champion Out Due To Visa Issues
- Triple H Reveals Reaction To Cody Rhodes ‘Smashing The Throne’ In AEW
- WWE Star Never Wrestling Full-Time Again
- WWE Name Expected To Join AEW Because Of Sasha Banks/Mercedes Mone
- More Matches Announced For AEW Revolution 2024
- The Rock Sends Message To Cody Rhodes & His ‘Little Girlfriend’ Seth Rollins Ahead Of WWE Elimination Chamber
- CM Punk Injury Referenced By AEW Star On Dynamite