Seth Rollins has recalled convincing Vince McMahon to allow him to bring back his Stomp finisher, which was previously banned.
In 2018, Rollins added the Stomp back to his moveset, after experimenting with other finishers including the Pedigree and a ripcord knee strike.
Speaking with Fightful, Rollins explained that it took one conversation for then-CEO and head of creative Vince McMahon to allow him to use the move again.
Recalling the conversation, Rollins said:
“I lost it the day after I won the title at WrestleMania (31). I had a conversation with Vince, he said, ‘No more.’ I said, ‘Ah! But!’ He said, ‘Nope. That’s the end of it.’
“Years later, I finished the story with Triple H, which was the Pedigree that was majorly involved in that, and it just felt like a time to get a new finish.
“I can go back to the old one and it just took a conversation and me trying to explain it to him in a way that he could understand. Time heals all wounds.
“So, whatever had wounded him, he was over it. So, he said, ‘Alright, bring it back,’ and here we are.”
After announcing his retirement in July 2022, McMahon returned to the WWE board of directors in January as the company’s executive chairman.
More details have emerged on Vince McMahon being backstage at last night’s March 6 episode of WWE Raw, which you can read about right here.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- Former AEW TNT Champion Considering A WWE Move?
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Report: WWE To Introduce New Championship Belt ‘Soon’
- Top Star Argues WWE’s Investment In Roman Reigns Has Only Just Started Paying Off
- Former NHL Player Makes In-Ring Debut At IMPACT Wrestling TV Tapings
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced
- Former Women’s Champion Wants To Face GUNTHER For WWE Intercontinental Title