A popular theory has been doing the rounds that WWE will pull a championship brand switch ahead of WrestleMania 38.
Brock Lesnar notably won the WWE Championship at WWE Day 1, following his addition to the match due to Universal Champion Roman Reigns testing positive for COVID-19.
Friday’s (January 7) edition of SmackDown opened with a confrontation between Lesnar and Reigns, despite a previous announcement that The Beast would be facing Bobby Lashley at Royal Rumble later this month.
At the end of the episode, it was indicated that Seth Rollins – who was originally planned to win the WWE Championship at WWE Day 1 – will be challenging for Reigns’ Universal Championship at the January 29 pay-per-view.
It has now been speculated that after Royal Rumble, WWE will move the WWE Championship to SmackDown again, with Brock Lesnar, with Seth Rollins taking the Universal Title back to Raw.
This theory is supported by recent reports that WWE still plans for Brock Lesnar vs Roman Reigns to headline the second night of this year’s two night spectacle, and initially planned for Seth Rollins to main event the other night of WrestleMania 38.
This would be a bold move, considering Rollins would have to end Roman Reigns’ historic Universal Championship Reign. When Royal Rumble rolls around, Reigns will have held the gold for 517 days.
Do you think the WWE and Universal Championships will switch brands before WrestleMania 38?
- WWE Finds Another $5 Million In Payments By Vince McMahon That Should Have Been Classed As Company Expenses
- Huge Change Coming To AEW PPVs?
- AEW Stars’ Current Belief About MJF’s Status
- Tony Khan Drops Huge Tease For AEW ‘Quake By The Lake’
- WWE 2K23 Officially Confirmed, Release Date Window Revealed?
- AEW’s Anna Jay Officially Undergoes Name Change
- John Cena Status For WWE Clash At The Castle Revealed
- Ariya Daivari Working As Producer For AEW
- Triple H Splits Up WWE Tag Team
- Mandy Rose Calls Herself This NXT 2.0 Star’s ‘Mother’