According to the latest issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE is interested in bringing NJPW United States Champion Juice Robinson back to the promotion.
Robinson previously competed in WWE on the NXT brand as CJ Parker, appearing on the first three TakeOver specials in quick squash match defeats to Mojo Rawley, Baron Corbin and Kevin Owens. Since then he has found success in New Japan, joining the group Taguchi Japan and defeating Jay White to win the US Title in a well-received match at the recent NJPW G1 Special In San Francisco.
The response to Juice in that match, his highly-praised promos in the build-up, and his recent exposure courtesy of his frequent appearances on Bullet Club’s Being The Elite show has spiked WWE’s interest in bringing him back into the fold.
According to Dave Meltzer, a deal to bring in Robinson may be possible due to him not being under a contract:
“A number of New Japan regulars actually aren’t under contract, similar to A.J. Styles when he was there, so legally WWE can approach them without it being tampering. Others it has to be more nuanced, but they are making plays right now.”
- cj parker
- nxt takoever
- g1 special in the usa
- new japan star to wwe
- wwe signing
- us title
- mojo rawley
- baron corbin
- Jay White
- Juice Robinson
- dave meltzer
- Samoa Joe
- New Japan
- Matt Riddle Released By WWE
- Released WWE Star Reveals New Name?
- WWE Higher-Up Addresses Matt Riddle Being Released
- John Cena Match Set For September 22 WWE SmackDown
- Major LA Knight SmackDown Plans Pulled Due To COVID-19
- Possible Reason For Mustafa Ali Sudden WWE Release Revealed?
- Dominik Mysterio Reacts To Recent WWE Releases
- The Miz Comments On Dolph Ziggler WWE Release
- Released WWE Star ‘Promises To Keep Going’ Following Release
- IYO SKY Discusses Hardships That Almost Led To WWE Departure