Spanish indie standout A-Kid of the tag team Team WhiteWolf looks to be heading to WWE.
Dave Meltzer wrote in the latest issue of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter that Kid is “expected to be signed, if he hasn’t already”.
Kid shot to international prominence in April 2018 thanks to a match with Zack Sabre Jr. in Spain for Triple W which was awarded five stars by Dave Meltzer.
He had another instant classic with Will Ospreay in March of this year, again for Triple W, which was given ****3/4 by Meltzer.
Kid has since been booked all over the world, teaming with Team WhiteWolf tag partner Carlos Romo in promotions such as RevPro and Defiant in England, OTT in Ireland, GWF in Germany and for several groups over WrestleMania weekend.
WhiteWolf made their WWE debut last month in Glasgow at the NXT UK tapings, losing a short squash match to Gallus members Mark Coffey and Wolfgang.
We understand that A-Kid was signed off the back of his performance there and elsewhere but Romo has not been offered a deal.
Kid is expected to see out his bookings for the next few weeks and start with NXT UK full-time around September, which is when a new influx of talent is expected to join the British brand.
- Irate Jon Moxley Responds To CM Punk In Expletive-Filled Retort
- Major AEW Star To Be Out ‘For A While’ After Suffering Legitimate Injury
- Jon Moxley On AEW: ‘I Have Never Seen So Much Bulls**t Drama In One Place In My Entire F**king Life’
- Update On Backstage Heat Between Triple H & Top WWE Star
- Rumor Killer On WWE Star Taking ‘A Long Time’ Away From The Company
- Rey Mysterio Gives Honest Thoughts On Dominik Mysterio’s Character
- Jon Moxley Reveals Why He Was ‘F**king Furious’ About Recent AEW Show
- Jon Moxley Has High Praise For Surprising AEW Star
- AEW Star Teases Surprise Tag Team Reunion?
- ‘Sentimental’ Special Entrance Planned For Top WWE Star At WrestleMania 39