It was announced earlier this year that WWE would be buying EVOLVE Wrestling. While the biggest part of the acquisition was EVOLVE’s tape library, some of their performers have also now been signed by WWE.
As reported by PWInsider, WWE has signed Josh Briggs, Curt Stallion, Anthony Greene, Brandi Lauren, and Leon Ruff. Ruff had been previously reported as joining WWE, but the other four are being reported now.
All of the new signees will be sent to WWE developmental. It often takes a while for independent wrestlers to work their way to television so we have no idea when we may see them on NXT.
Briggs debuted in 2016 and is a former EVOLVE Champion. Greene made his EVOLVE debut in 2018 and has been featured against other WWE contracted talent, such as Mansoor. Stallion has made a name for himself despite only debuting in EVOLVE in 2019. Lauren has also worked for promotions such as SHINE and Impact Wrestling during her career.
WWE’s last major batch of NXT signees joined the show last year. The group then featured the likes of Dexter Lumis, Cameron Grimes, and Bronson Reed, among others.
Which of these latest signees are you most excited about? Let us know on Twitter!
- WWE Women’s Star Slaps Braun Strowman (Video)
- AEW Files Trademark On Interesting New Term
- Wrestling World Unites For Heartwarming Tribute
- Major Championship Matches Official For December 7 AEW Dynamite
- Sami Zayn Reveals How Far Back Bloodline Story Was Pitched
- AEW Star Announces 2023 Will Be Their Last Year Wrestling
- Top WWE Star Details Getting Backstage Heat For ‘Nothing They Did’
- AEW Star Says They Had No Idea About Major AEW Moment
- ‘Bidding War’ For WWE Show Delaying Next Episode
- Backstage Details On Scrapped Plans For WWE Star In-Ring Return