WWE has signed several new developmental talents to NXT contracts following the recent tryouts in Las Vegas ahead of SummerSlam.
In a media scrum at the tryouts, Triple H admitted that he didn’t count exactly how many people had signed but he said it was in the ballpark of 13 to 16.
Denise Salcedo, who was there as media, revealed on Twitter that Faith Jefferies (FaithyJ) of WOW was offered a contract, as was Isaac Odugbesan who has a background in track and field.
Triple H said:
“I didn’t count. We had 38 talent here today, we had one drop out from yesterday to today. We had an injury and then we had another, not dropout, but we cut training short today. And I’d say somewhere, in the ballpark, of 13 and 16 I’d say. There’s a lot passion here in the last couple of days and a lot of drive. And clearly we’re looking for something different. You’ll hear Vince say it a lot. It’ll sound wrong to a lot of people, but it’s right. We’re not looking for professional wrestlers, we’re looking for Superstars. We’re looking for somebody that can break through that. The rest of it takes care of itself.”
Triple H also addressed the changes that seem to be coming to NXT and its hiring process, which you can read about at this link.
Quote via Wrestling Inc
- Details Of Another AEW Backstage Altercation Revealed
- Report: WWE Was Paid An Insane Sum For Mountain Dew Pitch Black Match
- Independent Promotion Announces Working Relationship With WWE
- Report Claims WWE Allowing NXT Stars To Work Select Independents
- Here’s When Nick Khan Expects WWE Sale To Happen
- Cody Rhodes On His Wrestling ‘Cardinal Sin’ At WWE Royal Rumble
- Name Change For WWE Star, Returns To NXT At Vengeance Day
- WWE Name Believes Rising Star Will Be Universal Champion One Day
- Kyle O’Reilly Update Following Post-Surgical Issue
- VIDEO: What Went Down With Bray Wyatt Following WWE SmackDown