The New Day can now take a quote out of Booker T’s quote book (something I really wish actually existed) as they are now five-time, five-time, five-time, five-time, five-time Tag Team Champions, after they dethroned the Bludgeon Brothers on the latest edition of SmackDown Live.
This past Sunday at SummerSlam, the pancake enthusiasts were unsuccessful in challenging Harper and Rowan. Although New Day did win that match, it was via disqualification, as Rowan whipped out his massive mallet and battered the challengers with it.
A day later, reports surfaced of a possible bicep injury to Rowan suffered in Sunday’s encounter, potentially explaining what seemed like a rushed finish, and also fueling speculation that he would require some time off.
It seems like there is certainly some truth to that, as just two days later New Day captured the belts in a fantastic SmackDown main event.
The Beardy Boys won the belts back at WrestleMania 34 in a Triple Threat match that included New Day and then-champions the Usos.
Since then, they fended off challenges from the Usos, the Good Brothers and Team Hell No in a reign that lasted 135 days.
It seems that New Day’s first challengers are soon to be decided, as the aforementioned Gallows and Anderson will face Sheamus and Cesaro of the Bar next week on SmackDown Live.
- WWE SmackDown Live LIVE COVERAGE – August 21, 2018 – WrestleTalk
- RAW Superstar to Join the NEW DAY?!
- New Day Pancakes Available Soon?!
- Backstage Altercation At AEW Dynamite & Star Sent Home
- Big Match Scrapped From October 7 AEW Rampage
- Report: Popular AEW Star ‘Trying To Get Fired’
- Wrestling World Reacts To Alleged Backstage Altercation At AEW Dynamite
- AEW Star Has Very Awkward Encounter With CM Punk T-Shirt
- Update On Investigation Into AEW All Out Backstage Fight
- Tony Khan Reveals Truth About Why He Takes Shots At WWE
- Saraya Gets Physical For First Time In Four Years On AEW Dynamite
- Sammy Guevara AEW Dynamite Status Update Following Backstage Altercation
- Liv Morgan Says She Will Be In The MCU