With WrestleMania just under three weeks away, the stories for the top matches on the show are beginning to take shape.
That included on this week’s SmackDown, when SmackDown Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair and Royal Rumble winner Rhea Ripley went face to face in the ring for the first time following Charlotte’s match with Shotzi.
However, the segment we saw on the show was reportedly not the segment that was originally planned.
Per Fightful Select (subscription required), Charlotte and Rhea’s promo ‘deviated a little bit off the orignal plan’.
The report doesn’t specify exactly how the segment differed from the original plan.
The Judgment Day have been making appearances on SmackDown in recent weeks after Ripley’s decision to face Flair at WrestleMania.
Finn Balor, Dominik Mysterio and Damian Priest were in action on this week’s SmackDown, defeating Legado Del Fantasma amid Dominik and Rey Mysterio’s ongoing drama.
Following the segment, it was reported that WWE has plans for Legado Del Fantasma over WrestleMania weekend.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- Former WWE Star Pleased He’s Not In AEW
- WWE Star Says He Is Proud Of Bianca Belair Breaking Championship Record
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- Celebrity Waiting For Call To Make WWE Return