It looks like a WWE SmackDown star could be undergoing another name change after already having his first name chopped off earlier this year.
In February, Buddy Murphy became just Murphy to fit with his role as Seth Rollins’ disciple, because WWE reportedly felt like Buddy Murphy didn’t sound like a disciple’s name.
Well now that Murphy has separated from Rollins and has joined the side of the Mysterio family, it seems he might be getting the first name back.
The former Raw Tag Team Champion has changed his Twitter profile so that his name is now Buddy Murphy, suggesting that this could be an official change.
However, we can’t say it’s official yet as WWE’s website still has him down as Murphy, although it does usually take them approximately 17 years to actually update things.
It’s looks like we’re just gonna have to wait until Friday’s SmackDown to see whether he’s Buddy again or not – he’s set for a match against Rollins himself on the show.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Major WWE Faction Potentially Splitting Up Soon
- ‘Lots Of Praise’ For WWE Star’s Performance On Raw
- Top WWE Star Suffering Recurring Injury
- Ex-WWE Name Ruled Out Of Joining AEW
- ‘Forbidden Door’ Match Announced For AEW Dynamite
- Brock Lesnar Could Break Surprising WWE Record
- WWE Management ‘Happy’ With NXT Call-Ups’ Main Roster Debut
- Major AEW Star ‘Bewildered’ He Could Walk Away After Recent Match
- WWE Star To Make In-Ring Debut Soon
- Bryan Danielson & Kazuchika Okada React To Forbidden Door 2023 Match