WWE Money in the Bank is already shaping up to be an incredible event… ok, maybe a decent event with Jinder Mahal vs. Roman Reigns that we can all skip, but that’s not the point.
Alongside AJ Styles vs. Shinsuke Nakamura in a Last Man Standing match, Ronda Rousey vs. Nia Jax, Carmella vs. Asuka, and two Money in the Bank ladder matches, Money in the Bank will now feature a SmackDown Tag Team Championship match, pitting champions, The Bludgeon Brothers, against The Good Brothers, Karl Anderson and Luke Gallows.
The former New Japan duo beat The Usos in a number one contenders match on last night’s SmackDown Live. Since the team was only drafted to the blue brand following this year’s Superstar Shake-Up, this will be their first ever SmackDown Tag Team Championship match.
Anderson and Gallows are former Raw Tag Team Champions and won the IWGP Tag Team Championships three times in NJPW.
The duo hasn’t been seen on WWE TV since last month when Anderson took a Kinshasa for his buddy, AJ Styles. Man, I need to get me some friends like that.
Shockingly, this will be the first time the team has appeared on the main card of a WWE pay-per-view since WrestleMania 33 over a year ago. Their last pay-per-view appearance as a team was a match against the Miztourage on the Elimination Chamber 2018 pre-show.
While Anderson and Gallows more than deserve this shot at the titles, it would be foolish to expect them to win. The Bludgeon Brothers are only a few months into their reign and are still undefeated as a unit.
WWE would benefit much more from building a team up to eventually dethrone Harper and Rowan, rather than just dropping one in out of nowhere, which they seem to have done with Gallows and Anderson.
Regardless of the outcome, this should be a very enjoyable match. Two teams of athletic big men trying to knock each other’s heads off – what’s not to love about that? It should be better than Reigns vs. Mahal, that’s a certainty.
Are you looking forward to Gallows and Anderson vs. The Bludgeon Brothers? Do you think The Good Brothers will win the belts? How much are you dreading Roman vs. Jinder? Let us know in the comments below or on Twitter here.
- The Bludegon Brothers
- IWGP Tag Team Championship
- Money in the Bank
- wwe smackdown tag team championships
- money in the bank 2018
- erick rowan
- gallows and anderson
- karl anderson
- luke gallows
- luke harper
- AJ Styles. Shinsuke Nakamura
- Roman Reigns
- Jinder Mahal
- Scrapped Pitch For Sting AEW Retirement Revealed
- Bayley Reacts To Dakota Kai & Damage CTRL WWE Betrayal
- AEW Star Contract Expiry Update
- Potential WWE Signing Recalls Conversations With Shawn Michaels
- WWE Star Praises AEW’s Sting For Going Out On His Own Terms
- AEW Star Set For Return Match Against Brother
- Details On WWE Star’s Role In Upcoming Movie
- Cody Rhodes Sends Message To Sting Ahead Of AEW Revolution Retirement
- Former AEW Star’s WWE Return Match Announced
- Sting’s Son Shares Emotional Message Ahead Of AEW Revolution Retirement Match