Some interesting comments have been made regarding a current top WWE star being “alienated” by the locker room when they first joined the company.
Byron Saxton was the latest guest on the After The Bell podcast, during which he discussed his own career and many other topics.
Saxton spoke about the rises of Sasha Banks and Charlotte Flair, and noted that they weren’t always perceived as the stars they are today. On Flair, he said:
“The first day she walked in, you could see people alienate her because her last name was Flair. ‘Oh, she got here because of her dad. She got here because of her legacy,’ but she had to work her butt off, and that’s someone else who, like the Charlotte Flair, ‘The Queen’ today was not ‘The Queen’ back then. She was struggling to figure out who she was, and bam! Just, you know, skyrocketed from there.”
Flair is currently out of action and has been since June due to undergoing surgery to repair issues that arose from previous cosmetic work, and there’s no real concrete timeline on a potential return.
Transcription via WrestlingInc
- Trick Williams Breaks Silence After Title Loss To Dominik Mysterio
- Adam Copeland (Edge) Reveals WWE Backstage Reaction To AEW Switch
- Two AEW Stars Expected To Take Time Off
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Winning Back The NXT North American Championship
- John Cena Opens Up On Relationship With The Rock Following SmackDown Interaction
- Confirmed Schedule Errors For AEW Dynamite Head-To-Head With WWE NXT
- Recent WWE Surprise Was A ‘Late Creative Decision’
- ‘Edge’ Name Mentioned During Adam Copeland First Ever AEW Dynamite Appearance
- Last-Minute Change To AEW Dynamite Match
- VIDEO: Adam Copeland’s (Edge’s) Immediate Backstage Reaction To AEW Debut