WWE SmackDown star Angel has teased a return to his old ring name, following Triple H taking over WWE creative.
Fans have notices a number of change on WWE TV since Triple H began running creative following Vince McMahon’s retirement.
Angel has now hinted that he will soon go by Angel Garza again, taking to Twitter with photos of himself in NXT, captioning the post:
“ÁNGEL GARZA … back ???? @WWE @wweespanol”
Angel lost his last name in November 2021, along with Humberto (fka Humberto Carrillo) when the duo formed their ‘Los Lotharios’ team.
Recent name changes were reportedly due to a mandate from Vince McMahon , who didn’t want performers using their real names, or names used prior to signing with WWE. There has been speculation that a lot of ‘Vince McMahon era’ names could be changed back now Triple H is in charge.
Angel Garza’s real name is Humberto Garza Solano, with the third generation star representing his family’s ‘Garza’ dynasty. Confusingly, Humberto Carrillo’s real name is Humberto Garza Carrillo.
As of writing, Angel’s name has not been changed back on his official WWE.com profile.
Los Lotharios haven’t wrestled on WWE TV since losing to The Usos on the July 8 edition of SmackDown.
Stay up to date with WWE win/loss records using our tracker at this link.
You can check out a list of every WWE name change of 2022 right here.
— Angel Garza (@AngelGarzaWwe) August 6, 2022
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- WWE Raw Star Moved Back To NXT, Reforms Tag Team
- Update On Whether Jungle Boy Has Officially Undergone Name Change
- The Incredible Story Of Deaf WWE NXT Wrestler Myles Borne
- Thunder Rosa Comments On Saraya’s AEW Debut
- Darby Allin Gets Stitches Following AEW Rampage Grand Slam (Photo)
- The Hilarious Reason Teddy Long Is Trending On Twitter
- WWE Raw Star Explains What Triple H Tells WWE Stars Before They Go Out
- Buddy Matthews ‘May Be Done’ With AEW
- WWE Hall Of Famer Recalls Batista Being Difficult To Work With
- Bullet Club Member Betrays Jay White & Turns Face At NJPW Burning Spirit