Former WWE NXT Champion Dolph Ziggler was reportedly backstage for Wednesday’s (June 2) edition of AEW Dynamite.
Per Fightful Select (subscription required), Ziggler was visiting with friends. Ziggler is the brother of Ryan Nemeth, who is signed to AEW.
Ryan Nemeth was in action during the Dark: Elevation tapings that took place before Dynamite, teaming with Cezar Bononi & Peter Avalon to face off against Death Triangle.
Ziggler hasn’t wrestled since losing the NXT Championship to Bron Breakker on the April 4 edition of WWE Raw. He recently tweeted seemingly in solidarity with Sasha Banks and Naomi, following the former WWE Women’s Champions’ suspensions, after walking out on the May 16 episode of Raw.
The report noted that former WWE names Renee Paquette (Renee Young) and CJ Perry (Lana) were also at the taping. Paquette’s husband Jon Moxley defeated Daniel Garcia in the main event of the show, and Perry’s husband Miro made his return from injury to score a victory over Johnny Elite.
Stay up to date with AEW win/loss records for 2022 right here.
- Drew McIntyre & Kevin Owens Brand Themselves ‘Wrestlers In A Wrestling Ring’ In Insane WWE Raw Promo
- Record Numbers For WrestleMania 39 Ticket Sales
- Hikaru Shida Bringing Championship Back To AEW From Japan
- AEW Stars Planned For NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17
- WWE Backstage Budget Cuts Having Big Effect
- Real Reason For Big Increase In AEW Rampage Viewership
- Freddie Prinze Jr. Says Vince McMahon Displayed ‘Super Racist’ ‘Cultural Ignorance’ That Dictated Storylines
- Dexter Lumis Jumps The Barricade During United States Championship Clash
- Stephanie McMahon Addresses Return From Leave Of Absence
- Sasha Banks And Naomi Appear Together At She-Hulk Premiere