WWE Star Breaks Down Into Tears On Raw Talk While Cutting Emotional Promo

WWE Star Breaks Down Into Tears On Raw Talk While Cutting Emotional Promo

Peyton Royce appeared on Raw Talk last night with new host Kevin Patrick, and the former NXT star broke down into tears while cutting an emotional promo.

Peyton Royce appeared to get emotional on the talk show after challenging fellow former NXT star Asuka to a match for the Raw Women’s Championship, courtesy of Fightful:

“I have been quiet, but closed mouths don’t get paid. I’m not here to hide my talents. In fact, my talents are hidden behind the opinions of others. Why not just let me go? Let me go and see what happens? Asuka is injured right now and that sucks for her, but when a talent goes down, a spot opens up, and that spot is massive. Why not me? Why does it always have to be the same old, same old? I packed up my life, moved across the world, set up in a completely different country with not much of a support system to chase this dream. To do what? To get stuck in a locker room watching other women do what I do better than 98% of them. The other 2%, I sure as hell give them a run for their money. It actually hurts when you know deep in your soul you are destined to be where you are, striving for what you feel you deserve. My potential haunts me. When you’re striving for something you feel you really deserve. This is where I’m meant to be. My patience has been running thin for quite some time. Stop wasting my time and give me Asuka!”

Asuka suffered an injury on the February 22 episode of Monday Night Raw after losing a tooth following a kick to the face from Shayna Baszler. At this time, is it unclear when Asuka is expected to be cleared to return to the ring.

By comparison, Peyton Royce, who is not believed to be dealing with any kind of injury right now, has not wrestled on Raw since the February 15 episode, the go-home show before the Elimination Chamber.

What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.

3 years ago by Wrestle Talk


Get the latest wrestling news straight to your inbox

By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from WrestleTalk