WWE Intercontinental Champion Gunther has been one of the most dominant stars in all of WWE over the past year since his debut on the SmackDown after WrestleMania 38.
Gunther has faced off against many top stars such as Sheamus, Rey Mysterio and Braun Strowman, but there is still one obstacle standing in the Ring General’s way.
Gunther went face to face with Brock Lesnar in this year’s Royal Rumble match, and Gunther is hoping that won’t be the only time they face off.
Speaking on The Ring Wrestling Show, Gunther noted that Brock is still his biggest personal obstacle, and that the match ‘has to happen’.
“Brock is the one that has to happen at some point. I think I made him my personal biggest obstacle.
“The [Royal Rumble] was literally the first time I met him. [It was] brief, but that moment that we had in the Rumble was great because that was all I needed out of it. It was basically like a real-life confirmation that the audience is up for that. They want to see it.”
transcription via WrestlingInc.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Another WWE Star Set For ‘Bigger Spotlight’ After WrestleMania 39
- Tony Khan Announces New AEW Dynamite Matches
- WWE Star Set To Compete In Miss Universe Canada
- Roman Reigns To Set Another Incredible Record At WrestleMania 39
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Cody Rhodes Shares First Look At WrestleMania Attire Paying Homage To NJPW, ROH & More
- AEW Star Says Fans Will ‘Never Be Happy’
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Another WWE Talent Makes In-Ring Debut
- Top WWE Star To Wrestle Two Matches At WrestleMania?