A WWE star was considered for a major MCU movie role.
In 2014, former multi-time WWE world champion Batista starred in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy film as Drax The Destroyer.
Since then, he has starred in another movies under the role, such as Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Avengers: Infinity War.
Despite The Rock and John Cena making their way to the DC Cinematic Universe, Batista has remained the only WWE star to make his way into the MCU. However, a new report reveals another who had the chance.
Fightful Select (subscription required) reported that WWE star Damian Priest was asked to read for a significant role in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever.
Sources familiar with the situation said that Priest read for the role of Namor, which is one of the most heavily featured roles in the film, or one of the featured members of Talokan.
The report notes that an inquiry was made, but no confirmation on if Priest actually read for the role.
Stay up to date with Damian Priest’s win-loss record in 2022 (for televised matches) at this link.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- ‘A Lot’ Of AEW Talent Questioning Tony Khan’s Booking
- Real Reason Roman Reigns & Kevin Owens May Still Have Backstage Heat
- Update On ‘Talks Behind-The-Scenes’ Of The Rock Returning At WWE Royal Rumble 2023
- Update On CM Punk AEW Contract & Release Status
- Scrapped Plans On Other Ways To Write William Regal Off AEW TV
- Injured WWE Star Cleared For Return
- Likely Reason William Regal Is Already Returning To WWE
- Rumor Killer On WWE Name Leaving The Company
- Huge Update On CM Punk’s Status For AEW Video Game ‘Fight Forever’
- Video: Current NXT Star Goes Off On Tryout Athletes For Lack Of Energy