A WWE star has explained her brief absence in late 2022.
Candice LeRae made her return to WWE in late September, but she was then written off television a month later after an attack from Damage CTRL.
On the October 24 edition of WWE Raw, LeRae was confronted by Bayley, Dakota Kai and IYO SKY. After exchanging insults with the group, the three attacked her. According to commentary, Candice suffered a “shoulder injury” as a result of the ambush.
Appearing on the Sam Laprade Show, LeRae explained her brief absence and provided more insight. She said:
“I just had a freak accident happen not that long ago.”
Although no further details were mentioned, Candice continued on to explain the inherent risk performers take when they sign up for wrestling. She stated:
“We’re always taking a risk when we step into the ring. What we do, it is very taxing on our bodies,”
“I’m a bit more — having a son now, it’s a bit more scary for me because when I do get hurt, it affects him now. Before, I was like, ‘Well, I don’t care, it’s myself. If it happens, it happens, then that’s the risk we’re taking.’”
“Now, it does affect him as well. It’s a very real thing, but WWE takes such phenomenal care of us. The medical staff that we have, they do so much for us and we do everything we can to prevent anything.”
“Of course, in the back of my head, I’m thinking, ‘I don’t want to get hurt because I want to be a present mother.’ I do feel not as worried as you’d probably think I would be. I feel people got my back, 1000%. I’ve been training for this for 20 years.”
Candice LeRae is set to compete in an Elimination Chamber fatal four-way qualifying match with Mia Yim, Carmella and Piper Niven on tonight’s episode of WWE Raw.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- Former AEW TNT Champion Considering A WWE Move?
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn
- Celebrity Waiting For Call To Make WWE Return
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- Top Star Argues WWE’s Investment In Roman Reigns Has Only Just Started Paying Off
- Former NHL Player Makes In-Ring Debut At IMPACT Wrestling TV Tapings
- Report: WWE To Introduce New Championship Belt ‘Soon’