A WWE star has recalled her first encounter with Trish Stratus.
Zelina Vega signed with WWE in 2017 and soon started as a manager on the NXT brand. Growing up a fan of the company and the business, it was a dream come true.
Two of the WWE star’s biggest inspirations were a pair of WWE Hall of Famers in Lita and Trish Stratus.
Appearing on Anna Faris Is Unqualified, Vega recalled her first meeting with Stratus and what she said to the legend. She stated:
“When I met Trish Stratus, [she] was one of the people that influenced me a lot when I decided to do this. When I met her, for some reason, the first thing — because I was so nervous — the first thing I said was, ‘Oh my God, I hated you growing up,’ and she’s like, ‘Oh, thank you.’”
“That interaction, to normal people, made absolutely no sense at all. But for us, it just made perfect sense,”
“It was just such a compliment to her because I was like, ‘Man, you really got me to hate you because I loved Lita so much and you just found ways to make me hate you.’”
Vega continued to discuss her own character and revealed what tactic she uses to draw boos from the fans, saying:
“I will find the biggest fan of my opponent and just mess with them the whole time. It’s so much fun.”
Zelina Vega is currently on the SmackDown brand and serves as the manager for the Legado Del Fantasma stable, which consist of Santos Escobar, Cruz Del Toro and Joaquin Wilde.
Transcription via WrestleZone
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Roman Reigns To Set Another Incredible Record At WrestleMania 39
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- Cody Rhodes Shares First Look At WrestleMania Attire Paying Homage To NJPW, ROH & More
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- Former WWE Star Pleased He’s Not In AEW
- WWE Star Says He Is Proud Of Bianca Belair Breaking Championship Record
- WWE Name Demands An Apology From The Rock