14-time WWE Women’s Champion Charlotte Flair is on the verge of yet another WrestleMania title match, with Rhea Ripley looking to avenge her WrestleMania 36 loss to ‘The Queen’.
While nobody would blame Charlotte for running out of wrestling goals and aspirations it seems like there may be at least one, more personal thing she would like to see happen in the ring.
Speaking to SportsMail’s Alex McCarthy, Flair would reflect on her career while revealing her aspiration to work with her husband, AEW’s Andrade El Idolo, on screen one day.
“I’d love to be beside my husband managing him, or mixed tag. I think when the time is right, I will get to switch it up, but I think again having such a serious role and where my career has gone, I don’t know if I could change it because I’ve had such an incredible one, if anything I wish I knew then what I knew now.
“I wish I could go back and re-do so many matches and storylines because I have so much depth in knowledge now that I didn’t have because I started so late in the game, but now I’ll have that down the road when maybe I do get to manage my husband.”
Andrade El Idolo’s AEW status was a topic of discussion for much of the latter part of 2022, with the former WWE US Champion reportedly suspended from the company following a backstage altercation with Sammy Guevara.
El Idolo is currently out of action after suffering a torn pectoral during a trios match with The Elite on August 17 last year.
Charlotte also discussed Mercedes Mone’s WWE departure in the interview, which you can read about here.
Transcript courtesy of Daily Mail.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WWE Raw Update
- Update On Dominik Mysterio Vs. Rey Mysterio WrestleMania Plans
- WWE Star Pulled From Raw, WrestleMania Status Uncertain?
- Yet Another Star Pulled From WWE Raw
- WWE Star Cleared For Return After Concerning ‘Situation’
- Cody Rhodes Drives Big Wedge Between Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa?
- Jey Uso Answers To Roman Reigns On WWE Raw
- Update On Plans For WWE Star Leaving The Company?
- Latest Development In AEW Luchasaurus Lawsuit
- NXT Star Makes WWE Main Roster Debut