Since the change from NXT Black and Gold to NXT 2.0 back in 2021, there have been many new prospects that have show significant potential on the WWE main roster.
One of the top names on the brand is Carmelo Hayes, a former two-time North American Champion, who seems set to take on NXT Champion Bron Breakker at the upcoming NXT Stand & Deliver event on WrestleMania weekend.
Current WWE Raw star MVP recently spoke to Josh Martinez on Superstar Crossover, where he named Hayes as a star who he would like to work with in the future.
“There’s a young man down in ‘NXT who’ — unless you’re watching ‘NXT,’ you might not be familiar with him — but a young man named Carmelo Hayes.
“Carmelo and Trick [Williams] are a couple of guys, they’re pretty tight, and I always say Carmelo reminds me of a young MVP. The presence, the swagger, the confidence. He’s somebody I would like to work with in the future hopefully.”
MVP is currently in the middle of reuniting the Hurt Business on Raw, offering his services to Bobby Lashley, as well as helping Cedric Alexander and Shelton Benjamin score a victory on this week’s Raw.
transcription via Wrestling Inc.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- WWE Star Pulled From Raw, WrestleMania Status Uncertain?
- Update On Dominik Mysterio Vs. Rey Mysterio WrestleMania Plans
- Yet Another Star Pulled From WWE Raw
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WWE Raw Update
- AEW World Champion MJF Set For Surprising Indie Appearance
- WWE Star Vents Anger At Fans After Being ‘Followed’ At Airport
- Jey Uso Answers To Roman Reigns On WWE Raw
- Update On Plans For WWE Star Leaving The Company?
- Cody Rhodes Drives Big Wedge Between Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa?
- WWE Star Cleared For Return After Concerning ‘Situation’