WWE has held many international premium live events this year, including Elimination Chamber in Toronto, Night of Champions in Saudi Arabia, Backlash in Puerto Rico and Money In The Bank in London.
This past weekend, WWE took part in a tour of Mexico for a series of live events.
WWE touted record breaking two nights in Mexico, which led to WWE’s Santos Escobar calling for WWE to host a premium live event in the country.
He simply said:
It’s time… PLE !! PLE !!! PLE !!!!
Santos is set to take on his LWO stablemate Rey Mysterio on this week’s episode of SmackDown, with the winner getting a shot at Austin Theory’s United States Championship.
The match between Theory and his challenger is reportedly being planned for a later episode of SmackDown rather than at SummerSlam itself.
Santos helped an overwhelmed young fan at a meet and greet over the weekend in a heartwarming video you can see here.
It’s time… PLE !! PLE !!! PLE !!!! 👊🏽☠️❤️🔥 https://t.co/mznZmzNm76
— SANTOS ESCOBAR💀🇲🇽 (@EscobarWWE) July 24, 2023
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- John Cena Sends Message To Dolph Ziggler After WWE Release
- The Rock Reacts To WWE Releases
- Released WWE Star’s Final Match Set For Tonight
- Report: Released WWE Star ‘Caused All Kinds Of Issues’ Behind The Scenes
- Elias Breaks Silence After Being Released By WWE
- Big E Reacts To WWE Releasing Dolph Ziggler
- Riddick Moss Comments On WWE Release
- Dolph Ziggler Released By WWE
- Maximum Male Models React To Being Released By WWE
- AEW Dynamite: Grand Slam Draws Highest Viewership Since February, Highest Demo Rating Since September 2022