A WWE star has lost championship gold at today’s NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17.
To the surprise of many, NEVER Openweight Champion Karl Anderson along with Doc Gallows signed with WWE in October 2022.
Anderson would later appear back in New Japan to successfully defend his title against Hikuleo at World Tag League 2022 Final in December.
At NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17, Karl Anderson finally lost the NEVER Openweight Championship by coming up short against his former Bullet Club stablemate Tama Tonga.
Tonga put Anderson away using his own Gun Stun finisher to get the pin.
This marks Tama Tonga’s second NEVER Openweight Title win after losing the title to Anderson back in June 2022.
As previously mentioned, there was another title change on today’s show which saw top AEW stars lose their gold.
We will have further updates on Wrestle Kingdom 17 when they become available.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Former WWE Star To Return On The Raw After WrestleMania?
- Latest WWE Celebrity Hall Of Fame Inductee Confirmed
- Report: WWE Having ‘Larger Conversation’ About Wrestler Safety
- Update On Dominik Mysterio Vs. Rey Mysterio WrestleMania Plans
- WWE Star Pulled From Raw, WrestleMania Status Uncertain?
- Yet Another Star Pulled From WWE Raw
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WWE Raw Update
- WWE Star Vents Anger At Fans After Being ‘Followed’ At Airport
- AEW World Champion MJF Set For Surprising Indie Appearance
- Spoiler On WWE Star Set To ‘Shine’ On March 20 Raw