A WWE star has commented on a potential match with Becky Lynch.
At WWE Survivor Series War Games, the Women’s War Games match saw a potential showdown teased between the returning Becky Lynch and The Judgment Day’s Rhea Ripley.
In 2019, the two women went one-on-one on an episode of NXT, but the match ended after interference from Shayna Baszler, Marina Shafir and Jessamyn Duke.
Speaking on the November 30 edition of WWE’s The Bump, Ripley was asked about a potential showdown with Becky Lynch. The former Raw Women’s Champion made it clear that she looks forward to the opportunity to face The Man.
“I’m really looking forward to it. Becky is someone that I had a match with in NXT, and it didn’t finish with a conclusion. It finished with Shayna and the girls coming out and ruining that match for me.”
“She’s always been someone that I feel I could like a televised match with and it’d be competitive. So every time I get to step in the ring, I’m looking forward to it, and I want that one on one interaction.”
“I want that match. I’m hoping that one day, it will happen, and ‘Mami’ is gonna put ‘The Man’ down.”
Becky Lynch, Bianca Belair, Asuka, Alexa Bliss and Mia Yim defeated Bayley, Dakota Kai, IYO SKY, Nikki Cross and Rhea Ripley in the Women’s War Games match at WWE Survivor Series 2022.
For the full results from the event, click here.
Transcription via Fightful
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- New AEW Signing Confirmed
- Ole Anderson Passes Away
- The Rock Breaks Heel WWE Character To Send Message To Triple H
- Injury Concern For Top WWE Star After Elimination Chamber?
- Jack Perry’s First Match Since CM Punk Incident At AEW All In 2023 Confirmed
- Rumoured WWE Signing Officially Set To Become Free Agent
- Former WWE Champion Out With Injury
- CM Punk Reacts To Not Being Included In WWE 2K24
- Randy Orton Has Brutally Honest Reaction To Man Using RKO In Public
- Becky Lynch Comments On Vince McMahon WWE Allegations