The storyline between The Fiend Bray Wyatt and Alexa Bliss is widely regarded as one of the best things about WWE right now. It has transpired that this is something Bliss pitched for a while back.
In an exclusive interview with UK newspaper Metro, the former Raw and SmackDown Women’s Champion opened up about how she pitched working with Bray Wyatt “a long time ago”:
“Working with Bray has been awesome. I pitched working with Bray a long time ago, and it never really got off the ground just because it didn’t make sense at the time. This has been a lot of fun for me. Anything that’s out of the box or a bit different, I’m a big fan of – acting, portraying a character. So this kind of checks all my boxes of what I love to do. It’s been very interesting. We don’t know where it’s going – you know as much as I know – but it’s been a lot of fun and I’m [excited] to see where it goes.
The original idea was when I first debuted, and it was the same kind of deal. I wanted to have some kind of involvement with his character because it’s so good and so compelling. He commits fully into that and does so much research. He’s so good at his craft and who wouldn’t wanna work with someone like that?”
The current premise of the Bliss and Wyatt storyline is that every time some says “The Fiend”, Alexa hits a Sister Abigail and appears to be in a trance. This has happened during the last two episodes of SmackDown.
Tonight on SmackDown, we are set to see Alexa Bliss go one-on-one with former NXT star Lacey Evans. Make sure you check out WrestleTalk.com’s live coverage of the show.
- WWE Star Cleared For Return After Concerning ‘Situation’
- Yet Another Star Pulled From WWE Raw
- Latest Development In AEW Luchasaurus Lawsuit
- Update On Plans For WWE Star Leaving The Company?
- Update On WWE’s Plans For After WrestleMania
- Tony Khan Uses WWE’s ‘Sworn Court Filings’ To Fire Back At Criticism Of AEW
- Batista’s Status For 2023 WWE Hall Of Fame Revealed
- Update On Roman Reigns’ Post-WrestleMania Schedule
- Triple H ‘Not Certain’ About Finish To Huge WrestleMania 39 Match
- AEW Stopped Wrestling Veteran From Retiring