Gunther has reigned as the Intercontinental Champion for almost a year now, with the Ring General reigning as the longest reigning Intercontinental Champion of the millenium.
It’s difficult to remember a time before Gunther’s reign, but he captured the title from Ricochet back on the June 10, 2022 episode of SmackDown.
Speaking on the Out of Character podcast with Ryan Satin, Ricochet discussed his title run, and how he feels looking back at it.
“It felt great. I mean, to even be a part of the lineage that is the Intercontinental Championship is great to be able to etch your name in that history is amazing. I’m still fairly new here compared to a lot of the people who’ve been here for a decade-plus.
“I think there’s still more time to grow and there’s still more time to have those opportunities, but what I have had already, I was pretty happy with it.”
Ricochet has been in a tag team with Braun Strowman in recent months following Braun’s controversial ‘floppy floppers’ tweet last year. Ricochet spoke about his reaction to Braun’s tweet during the interview, which you can see here.
transcription via WrestlingNews.co
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Scrapped Plans For Rhea Ripley At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Solo Sikoa Breaks Silence After Attacking Jimmy Uso On WWE SmackDown
- VIDEO: Former Champion Trains At D-Von Dudley Wrestling Academy
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- Major WWE Name Touts Storytelling Of Bloodline Angles
- Lita Makes Surprise Return Following WWE Injury Angle (Video)
- Cody Rhodes June 5 WWE Raw Plans Revealed
- Big Update On GUNTHER WWE Intercontinental Title Plans
- Roman Reigns Shares First Comment Since Dramatic WWE SmackDown Ending
- AEW Teasing Popular Name’s In-Ring Debut?