WWE Raw star and current Women’s Tag Team Champion IYO SKY has shared a reunion photo alongside IWGP Women’s Champion KAIRI (FKA Kairi Sane).
The photos were taken back in June 2022, before IYO had been called up to the main roster alongside Bayley and Dakota Kai.
The two women were a team both in STARDOM and later their time together in NXT, with the duo ending when Kairi was called up to the main roster alongside Asuka in 2019.
Kairi left WWE back in 2020, returning to the ring for STARDOM last year.
IYO shared the photos to her Instagram alongside the caption:
This photo was taken in June 2022.
During my rehabilitation period for a broken ankle, I went to the gym owned by KAIRI @official_kairi .
The gym was in a great location by the beach and the facilities were excellent. I was so happy that my friend KAIRI was doing well!🌊⚓️✨✨
KAIRI is set to defend her IWGP Women’s Championship for the first time at NJPW’s Wrestle Kingdom 17 event against Tam Nakano on January 4.
The match has come with a lot of speculation about the potential debut of Sasha Banks following the bout, with her set to be at the show.
IYO also currently holds championship gold, reigning as one half of the WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions alongside Dakota Kai in Damage CTRL.
View this post on Instagram
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Another WWE Star Set For ‘Bigger Spotlight’ After WrestleMania 39
- Tony Khan Announces New AEW Dynamite Matches
- WWE Star Set To Compete In Miss Universe Canada
- Roman Reigns To Set Another Incredible Record At WrestleMania 39
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Cody Rhodes Shares First Look At WrestleMania Attire Paying Homage To NJPW, ROH & More
- AEW Star Says Fans Will ‘Never Be Happy’
- Top WWE Star To Wrestle Two Matches At WrestleMania?
- Next Raw Women’s Championship Challenger Revealed?
- Nigel McGuinness Discusses In-Ring Future Amid Return Speculation