Since WrestleMania, one of the biggest breakout stars on SmackDown has been Sonya Deville. Her character change and rivalry with Mandy Rose have led to incredible performances and now we know she has been behind a good deal of it.
In an interview with Sportskeeda, Deville revealed that she has been given creative freedom with her character. Here is the full quote:
“To be honest, I get a lot of freedom. I’m blessed that… you know, I think it’s one of those things where once you prove yourself and they know that you can talk, uh, who knows your character and your thoughts better than yourself? I’ve had really cool creative liberties to work with the writers and come up with some cool stuff and kind of say what I’m feeling the last few months.”
“I feel like fans love it when they can feel the [genuineness] and the realness in someone’s character or persona … that’s everything that I say, everything that I do, it comes from a real part of me and it really is me. So I feel like fans are feeling that and they’re finally seeing what I, I’ve always known I’m capable of.”
We often hear about WWE stars not having much input into their characters. It has led to much frustration amongst talent but it appears Deville is different. If she has been behind her recent work and her promos on Mandy Rose, that is a good sign for her future in WWE.
What do you think of Sonya Deville? Let us know on Twitter!
- PHOTO: First Look At Vince McMahon’s ‘Creepy Mustache’
- Update On Major WWE Return Rumored For WrestleMania 39
- WWE Main Roster Star Causes Major Title Change At NXT Stand & Deliver
- WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event Revealed
- Big News On What Vince McMahon Was Doing At WrestleMania 39
- Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn Capture Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship
- Big Spoiler On Plans For Rey Mysterio Vs. Dominik Mysterio At WrestleMania 39
- Bad Bunny Gets Involved In Match At WrestleMania 39
- Confirmation On Bobby Lashley’s WrestleMania 39 Status?
- Match Order For WrestleMania 39 Night One Revealed