When Ricochet debuted in NXT in 2018 he had a great deal of hype surrounding him. One of his first rivalries was with Velveteen Dream and now he has revealed that it was that feud that gave him confidence.
Speaking the Wrestling Friends podcast with ‘Flash’ Morgan Webster, he said that it was one of his favourite feuds. He also mentioned that this was when he was able to develop his character in NXT. Here is the full quote, courtesy of Fightful:
“That was one of my most favorite feuds in WWE. He helped me character-wise. Especially on the Indies, I was never known for being a character wrestler. It wasn’t my promos that people wanted to see. With him, he brought that out of me; the swagger, the confidence. We didn’t even touch before the match and people were excited for the match because of the promos we were doing before that. That was one of the first times, for me, that someone has been excited for a match because of promos. We fed off each other well. It was organic.”
Ricochet was able to defeat Velveteen Dream at NXT Takeover: Chicago II in 2018. This was Ricochet’s first Takeover singles match and by all accounts, it was a very successful program.
What did you think of the Ricochet vs. Velveteen Dream feud? Let us know on Twitter!
- AEW Star Announces 2023 Will Be Their Last Year Wrestling
- Discussions For Shocking Star To Be Undertaker’s Son In WWE
- Seth Rollins Pays Tribute To Brodie Lee At WWE Live Event In Rochester (Video)
- Huge Update On William Regal WWE Return
- Kurt Angle Reveals Major WWE Star Wanted To Join TNA
- Triple H Was ‘Very Unhappy’ With Popular Star’s WWE Release
- Here Is When Tegan Nox’s WWE Return Was Finalised
- Major Celebrity Says ‘Lets Do It’ To WWE Match Against The Paul Brothers
- AEW Star Recalls Heartwarming ‘WrestleMania Moment’ With Kevin Owens
- Edge Heaps Praise On Three Top AEW Stars