One of the best matches Brock Lesnar ever had came against Daniel Bryan at Survivor Series 2018. They had tremendous chemistry with Lesnar eventually coming out on top on that night.
Now, Bryan has opened up about his feeling regarding Lesnar. In short, he thinks people do not appreciate him enough. Here is the quote from his recent interview with Alex McCarthy of talkSPORT:
“I was thrilled, I was absolutely thrilled,” Bryan started. “I wanted the Brock Lesnar match for a long time But how I always envisioned it was babyface Daniel Bryan! Yes man Daniel Bryan, underdog Daniel Bryan against the killer Brock Lesnar. But I had literally just become the Planet’s Champion and kicked AJ Styles in the nuts [laughs]. So it was a really weird thing, but I think the weirdness of it also made it fun and made it more pleasurable for me. Wrestling Brock Lesnar, I don’t think anybody appreciates how great Brock Lesnar is and the mind that he brings to wrestling.
I also think, and from a character perspective I’ve said this on a Talking Smack or whatever, but it’s actually not true, is I think Brock Lesnar loves this. He just also loves farming, loves being at home and he’s not going to do it just because he likes doing it, he’s going to do it because ‘hey, you need to pay me to put my body on the line’ that sort of thing, right? But his eyes light up when he does this. That’s the thing. That match is something that I’m really, really proud of and it was a test for me. I don’t think there’s been anybody in the history of WWE who’s been more excited to take a German Suplex from Brock Lesnar than me. Just to be like ‘Ok, let’s see! We got to see what I got here. Am I good?!’ German Suplex… ‘Yep, I’m good’ [laughs].”
Part of the issue with Lesnar’s reception from fans is that it was orchestrated by WWE. Lesnar had been popular with fans before his match with Roman Reigns at WrestleMania 34. However, WWE turned the fans against him in an effort to have them cheer Reigns. Unfortunately, it did not work and Lesnar’s relationship with the fans has never recovered.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Another WWE Star Set For ‘Bigger Spotlight’ After WrestleMania 39
- Tony Khan Announces New AEW Dynamite Matches
- WWE Star Set To Compete In Miss Universe Canada
- Roman Reigns To Set Another Incredible Record At WrestleMania 39
- Cody Rhodes Shares First Look At WrestleMania Attire Paying Homage To NJPW, ROH & More
- Update On AEW Star Following Injury Scare
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- AEW Star Says Fans Will ‘Never Be Happy’
- Top WWE Star To Wrestle Two Matches At WrestleMania?
- Next Raw Women’s Championship Challenger Revealed?