Speaking with ESPN, Edge has revealed that he was asked to end The Undertaker’s undefeated streak at WrestleMania XXIV, but didn’t want to and strongly campaigned to lose the match instead.
Brock Lesnar was the first man to beat The Undertaker at WrestleMania XXX, with Roman Reigns also beating ‘Taker at WrestleMania three years later. Edge also said he thinks Roman Reigns should have ended the streak:
“In the lead-up to it, I was asked ‘What do you think about ending The Streak’ and I said no. Adamantly no. I don’t think it ever should’ve ended until what we knew was his final WrestleMania, and then even no. I just didn’t think it was right, I also didn’t think at that point in my career I needed it. I think that that should have been saved for someone who you want to strap the rocket to and you know and you trust and is—to me, Roman Reigns was the guy to do it.”
Speaking of Edge and Roman Reigns, the pair will be involved in a Universal Championship match in the main event of WrestleMania 37 on Sunday night. The bout is also set to feature Daniel Bryan.
Thanks to WrestleZone for the transcription.
- Major Bryan Danielson Update Following AEW Collision Injury Scare
- WWE Ends 36-Year Tradition
- WWE Star Ruled Out For 8-12 Months With Legitimate Injury
- 14 New WWE Signings Confirmed
- Popular AEW Star Nearing Return After Over A Year Away?
- Rhea Ripley & Other Stars React To Incredible Moment At WWE Event
- AEW Star Returns After Eight Months Off TV
- Video Footage Of Brock Lesnar’s Daughter Shattering Records For Shot Put
- Potential New Member Of Christian Cage’s AEW Faction Revealed?
- AEW Champion Attacked Backstage, Unable To Compete