WWE star Fandango has announced on Instagram that he has had Tommy John surgery.
Tommy John surgery was named after former major league pitcher Tommy John. The surgery involves replacing the Ulnar Collateral Ligament in an individual’s elbow with a tendon from elsewhere in the body or from a donor.
Recovery time among pitchers is usually in the 18-24 month range, and shorter for others. An example comparable to Fandango is current Los Angeles Angels player Shohei Ohtani. Ohtani is a unique player who doubles as a pitcher and a hitter and was able to return to hitting after only seven months.
A similar recovery time could be expected for Fandango as he does not have to throw anything as part of his performance. He returned from injury in August of 2019 and joined the NXT brand. He and Tyler Breeze reunited as the Fashion Police, dressing up in different outfits each week.
We here at WrestleTalk wish him a speedy recovery.
What is your favourite Fandango match or memory? Let us know on Twitter or on Discord!
- Rhea Ripley & Dominik Mysterio Respond To Being Namedropped At AEW Double Or Nothing
- Injury Update After AEW Anarchy In The Arena Match At Double Or Nothing
- PHOTO: CM Punk Spotted With AEW Star After Double Or Nothing
- Jade Cargill Breaks Silence After AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Loss
- Backstage Praise For AEW Star At Double Or Nothing
- Hilarious Moment From AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 You Probably Missed
- First Participants For 2023 WWE Money In The Bank Ladder Match Revealed
- Two NXT Stars Reportedly Backstage At May 29 WWE Raw
- NXT Stars Debut On WWE Raw
- Spoiler For WWE Star Returning From Injury On Raw?