In the fallout from the WWE Draft and injury likely playing a part too, a championship has just been vacated.
The WWE Draft saw a total of 18 NXT talents drafted to either Raw or SmackDown, and tonight’s May 2 NXT featured a lot of fallout from that.
Specifically, the closing segment of the show was NXT Women’s Champion Indi Hartwell announcing that she was vacating the championship prior to moving to Raw.
Hartwell suffered a legitimate injury in retaining the championship against Tiffany Stratton and Roxanne Perez last week.
Hartwell announced she was vacating the title and was then carried out of the arena by her storyline husband Dexter Lumis, who she will be reuniting with on Raw, and probably reuniting with Johnny Gargano and Candice LeRae as well.
After Hartwell and Lumis left, much of the NXT women’s roster stormed the ring and the show went off the air with a massive brawl.
There will be a tournament to determine the new champion which will culminate at Battleground on May 28.
The brawl featured most of the women on the roster, but the focal points were Tiffany Stratton, Cora Jade and Roxanne Perez.
In another draft-related championship move, Isla Dawn and Alba Fyre (drafted to SmackDown) retained the NXT Women’s Tag Team Championship against Kayden Carter and Katana Chance (drafted to Raw) on tonight’s show.
As a result, WWE has said that Fyre and Dawn are “taking” the championship to SmackDown, but there’s a lack of clarity on what that’ll actually mean going forward.
We’ll keep you updated with any info as it emerges.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- WWE Star’s Victory Ends 17-Year Streak At Night Of Champions 2023
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- Shane McMahon Update Following WrestleMania 39 Injury
- AEW Star Wants Rematch With Mercedes Mone
- VIDEO: What Happened After WWE Night Of Champions 2023 Went Off The Air?
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- Rikishi Reacts To Bloodline Implosion At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- ‘Last Minute’ Change To AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Revealed
- ‘Crazy’ Plans For AEW Double Or Nothing 2023