It was recently reported by Dave Meltzer that Triple H had said that NXT was “bullied” off Wednesdays by AEW. Now, there have been a pair of new reports denying that those words were used.
Meltzer himself has since tweeted that while the content of the meeting Triple H held was largely the same as what he reported, the bully line was not used. Here is the tweet:
In last night's description of the meeting Paul Levesque had with talent, while the description was largely what was said, two people have said the "bully" line was never said.
— Dave Meltzer (@davemeltzerWON) April 1, 2021
However, Fightful Select (subscription required) has reported that a number of WWE wrestlers and staff have denied that anything close to Meltzer’s report was said. Instead, the report notes that Triple H focused on why NXT moving to Tuesdays was a positive. Airing the night after Raw was a reason given.
WrestleTalk’s Louis Dangoor has also heard this from company sources.
The report also said that the move had been in the works for a while with USA discussing the move last year. It was also noted that the replay of the show being on Peacock is being looked at as a positive and the hope is fans will now focus on the show rather than viewership.
We will continue to provide updates on this story as more information becomes available.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- Former AEW TNT Champion Considering A WWE Move?
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn
- Report: WWE To Introduce New Championship Belt ‘Soon’
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Top Star Argues WWE’s Investment In Roman Reigns Has Only Just Started Paying Off
- Top WWE Star Working WrestleMania 39 With Broken Arm