The reactions of several WWE stars to the recent allegations made against Vince McMahon have been revealed by Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio.
A new report from the Wall Street Journal has indicated that Vince McMahon has paid over $12 million in “hush money” over the past 16 years to “suppress allegations of sexual misconduct and infidelity”, including a $7.5 million payment to a former WWE wrestler. Click here to see the full report.
Speaking on Wrestling Observer Radio, Meltzer said:
“I heard from a couple of talent backstage. A total variety of views, it wasn’t like there’s one view or anything – it was actually three totally different views.
“One person was (saying), ‘You know what you get into when you get into the business’.
“Another person (said) Vince didn’t sell it and nobody’s really talking about it because you don’t want to talk about it, because if someone hears you talk about it you get in trouble and no-one needs that.
“One person was very concerned in the sense of, they felt that it’s one thing to pay money if you’re trying to hide an affair or something like that, but once it becomes coercion, and once it ties into the business and the work and demotion and things like that, it becomes a really concerning issue.
“I’m sure there’s 20 other viewpoints as well. I didn’t get a sense at all of a prevailing viewpoint.”
If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page.
McMahon remains in charge of creative while the investigation is completed, but has stepped down as CEO. Stephanie McMahon is acting as interim CEO in her father’s place.
All further updates and follow-ups on this story can be found at this link.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- VIDEO: Unseen Post-Raw Footage Of Tension Between Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa
- Roxanne Perez Addresses NXT Absence
- The Rock’s Daughter WWE In-Ring Debut Announced
- Tony Khan Comments On Goldberg Free Agent Status
- NXT TV Debut On Tonight’s Show (March 21)
- Major AEW Star To Miss Tonight’s Dynamite (March 22)
- WWE Stars Show Off Gruesome Injuries After Hard Hitting Match
- New WWE Signing In-Ring Debut Announced
- Former NJPW Star Set For WWE Debut Next Week
- Tony Khan Continues To Praise Mercedes Moné Ahead Of Forbidden Door 2