WWE stars who recently requested – and were refused – their releases from the company now find themselves set for a championship match on TV.
The match was made official during last night’s May 2 episode of NXT and will take place next Tuesday.
Last night, there was a match between Joe Gacy of Schism and Joe Coffey of Gallus with stipulations regarding the Dyad tag team of Rip Fowler and Jagger Reid (formerly Grizzled Young Veterans, Zack Gibson and James Drake).
If Coffey won, the Dyad would never be able to challenge for the NXT Tag Team Championship for as long as Mark Coffey and Wolfgang are champions, but if Gacy won, the Dyad would get a title match next week.
After outside interference from Ava (Simone Johnson, The Rock’s daughter), Gacy managed to pick up the win.
That means on next week’s NXT the Dyad will challenge Mark Coffey and Wolfgang for the NXT Tag Team Championship.
Both members of the Dyad requested their release from WWE a month ago, but found out recently that their request wasn’t going to be granted.
They then both took to Twitter to state their intention of leaving the company when their contracts are up in October.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- WWE Star’s Victory Ends 17-Year Streak At Night Of Champions 2023
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- Shane McMahon Update Following WrestleMania 39 Injury
- AEW Star Wants Rematch With Mercedes Mone
- VIDEO: What Happened After WWE Night Of Champions 2023 Went Off The Air?
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- Rikishi Reacts To Bloodline Implosion At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- ‘Last Minute’ Change To AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Revealed
- Possible Injury During AEW Double Or Nothing 2023
- ‘Crazy’ Plans For AEW Double Or Nothing 2023