There has been a spoiler on the eight participants set to be a part of the SmackDown World Cup, which kicks off tonight (November 11).
WWE announced the tournament on last week’s SmackDown, with eight stars from the blue brand set to battle it out for the trophy.
Alongside the trophy, the winner of the tournament will earn an Intercontinental Championship match against Gunther.
Per PWInsider, the following eight names are set to be a part of the tournament:
The tournament marks the return of Jinder Mahal to WWE television, whose last match on WWE television saw him and Shanky lose to the Viking Raiders on July 22.
This will be Mahal’s first match under the new Triple H regime.
The first match of the tournament is set for tonight’s show, with Shinsuke Nakamura taking on Santos Escobar in a match that was announced last week.
Various surprising names have been left out of the tournament, notably Drew McIntyre and Sheamus, who is set to return on tonight’s show.
Also set for tonight’s show is an Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship clash between the Usos and the New Day.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- CM Punk Posts Bizarre Instagram Story About Shawn Michaels
- Report: News On Rumored Backstage Heat Between CM Punk & Jon Moxley
- Bray Wyatt’s Status For Tonight’s SmackDown Revealed
- Update On CM Punk Claiming Tony Khan Wanted Him To Wrestle While Not Medically Cleared
- Report: AEW Star Refused To Lose Match, Hasn’t Been Used Since
- Naomi Post-WWE New Ring Name Revealed?
- WWE To Bring Back Pay-Per-View Name?
- Update On Rumors Of Brock Lesnar Leaving WWE After WrestleMania 39
- Planned WrestleMania 39 Night 1 Main Event Revealed, More Match Order News
- Dustin Rhodes Opens Up About Cody Rhodes