On January 10 2023, it was announced that Stephanie McMahon had resigned from her position as co-CEO of WWE.
Her official statement confirmed that she had:
“decided to return to my leave and take it one step further with my official resignation.”
Dave Meltzer has now provided further details of the reason behind her departure.
Addressing the issue in the current Wrestling Observer Newsletter (subscription required), Meltzer stated:
“The story internally as to why Stephanie McMahon really left is that, and this comes from those unhappy that she left, is that she had done a great job thrown into the co-CEO role, and with Vince back, was about to be demoted and basically she doesn’t need the money or the job and had already decided last year to take a leave anyway.
“Of course the difference between a leave and staying on the Board, and a full break and leaving the Board, indicates this was a lot stronger move.”
Nick Khan recently spoke about Stephanie McMahon’s decision to resign in an interview on The Bill Simmons podcast saying that “she came back because her dad asked her to come back.”
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Spoilers For AEW Title Eliminator Match
- Evidence AEW Star Is Leaving The Company?
- Alexa Bliss Addresses WrestleMania 39 Status
- PHOTO: Bray Wyatt Spotted Amid WWE Absence
- CM Punk Comments On Rey Mysterio & Dominik WrestleMania Feud
- Celebrity Training For WWE In-Ring Return
- AEW Star Says Cody Rhodes’ WWE Push Made Them ‘Reevalutate’ Future
- WWE Name Criticizes ‘Childish’ CM Punk Instagram Post
- Roman Reigns To Hit Huge Milestone Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- KSI Addresses Possibility Of A WWE Future