Following his first match in almost 20 years at WrestleMania 38, WWE fans have wanted another appearance by Stone Cold Steve Austin.
A recent report has stated that there had been a pitch to see Steve Austin vs Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania 39, though a possibility of a match against Roman Reigns was also reportedly considered.
In the new Wrestling Observer Newsletter (subscription required), Dave Meltzer has explored the scrapped plans for a Steve Austin return in further detail, saying:
“WWE had also talked of getting Austin for another match at SummerSlam last year and the attempt for this year for Mania was to get him with Lesnar, with the idea of it being a first-time-ever dream match.”
Brock Lesnar returned to WWE at the WWE Raw 30th Anniversary show, helping Austin Theory retain the WWE United States Title by disqualification.
Whilst plans for Steve Austin may not, at the time of writing, be apparent, he was recently confirmed as being in the roster for the upcoming WWE 2K23 video game.
The game is set for release on March 17 2023.
It will be released on PlayStation 4 & 5, Xbox One and Xbox Series S/X.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Chris Jericho Responds To CM Punk Instagram Story
- Naomi Confirms WWE Departure?
- CM Punk Shares Follow Up Message After Now-Deleted Instagram Story
- AEW Pitching Creative For Star Rumoured To Be Leaving
- El Hijo Del Vikingo Next Match Announced By Tony Khan
- Report: AEW Star Refused To Lose Match, Hasn’t Been Used Since
- AEW Star Miro Announces New Role
- Naomi Post-WWE New Ring Name Revealed?
- Update On Rumors Of Brock Lesnar Leaving WWE After WrestleMania 39
- Major WWE Star’s Twitter Hacked