Here’s an update on WWE stock as of Monday, July 25, following Vince McMahon’s retirement announcement, and Triple H officially taking over creative.
McMahon’s official WWE departure was announced on Friday July 22, shortly after 4pm ET, following US stock market trading hours. The company officially named Stephanie McMahon co-CEOs in a statement on Monday (July 25), with the statement also confirming that Triple H will be assuming all responsibilities related to WWE creative.
The closing price of WWE stock on July 22 ahead of Vince McMahon’s retirement announcement was $66.21 USD. As of writing (12:20pm ET/5:20 BST), WWE’s stock has risen to $71.68, an increase of over 8%.
Fans have expressed optimism for the future of WWE following these announcements. Recent reports have indicated that the USA Network and talent on the roster also find the change, specifically Triple H running creative, exciting.
In a new SEC Filing made on Monday, WWE stated that it has made a ‘preliminary determination’ that payments made by Vince McMahon totaling approximately $14.6 million ‘should have been recorded as company expenses’. More details are available at this link.
For everything we currently know about Vince McMahon retiring, click here. You can find further updates and follow-ups on Vince McMahon at this link.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Asuka Shares Expletive-Filled Translation Of Recent Promo Battle With IYO SKY
- Former WWE Star Says They’re Not Retired
- Rhea Ripley Weighs In On Major WrestleMania 39 Debate
- Seth Rollins Teases “Forbidden Door” Dream Match With Top Star?
- Seth Rollins ‘First Title Defense’ Of WWE World Heavyweight Championship Already Happened
- ‘Free Agent’ WWE Star Set For First NXT Match In Seven Years
- Major AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door Dream Match Set
- Popular AEW Star Announced For G1 Climax
- Top WWE Star’s Hilarious Response To Ronda Rousey ‘Demanding’ Rumours
- ‘The Crowd’s Coming Back Around On Me’, AEW Star Addresses Possible Face Turn