In a night full of major news, a superstar made a shocking return on NXT tonight. Austin Theory returned to NXT for the first time since joining Zelina Vega’s handsome men and eventually following Seth Rollins.
Theory had a short run in NXT before getting called up. However, Theory has been off TV for what Seth Rollins dubbed personal reasons.
Whatever those personal reasons were, his absence from WWE television coincided with allegations made during the #SpeakingOut movement. To this point, WWE has not announced anything official related to Theory and the connected Allegations.
.@bronsonreedwwe wants to personally welcome @austintheory1 back to #WWENXT. pic.twitter.com/PJ2kLmCFBR
— WWE (@WWE) August 27, 2020
However, it appears WWE is comfortable with whatever they have found out related. It seems they would have to be in order to put him back on television.
Theory appeared in a backstage interview segment. He approached Bronson Reed who was discussing why he should be the next challenger for Damian Priest’s North American Championship.
After a few insults, Reed slapped Theory. It appears we’re getting a program between Theory and Reed.
Given fans responses to Velveteen Dream returning, it will be interesting to see how WWE/NXT fans react to Theory returning.
- CM Punk Posts Bizarre Instagram Story About Shawn Michaels
- AEW Match Stopped Due To Injury
- Ronda Rousey WrestleMania 39 Match Confirmed
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- Spoilers For AEW Title Eliminator Match
- Charlotte Flair Mentions Bella Twins & Mercedes Moné On SmackDown
- Another IMPACT Championship To Be Vacated?
- Evidence AEW Star Is Leaving The Company?
- Alexa Bliss Addresses WrestleMania 39 Status
- PHOTO: Bray Wyatt Spotted Amid WWE Absence