Tonight on WWE SmackDown, Jeff Hardy defended the Intercontinental Title against Shinsuke Nakamura in an open challenge. He won the title from AJ Styles.
While AJ lost the title, one person who never lost the Intercontinental Title was Sami Zayn. Tonight, he returned with his version of the IC Title and confronted Jeff Hardy.
Sami Zayn hasn’t wrestled since WrestleMania. WWE declared the title vacant and held a tournament to declare a new champion.
Zayn returned tonight and called Hardy a fraud since he actually never lost the title. Zayn has been posting similar thoughts on Twitter while being absent from television.
"They were both FRAUDULENT champions."@SamiZayn is BACK… and he's laying claim to the #ICTitle! #SmackDown pic.twitter.com/d6oQqieOep
— WWE (@WWE) August 29, 2020
It was assumed Sami Zayn was off television because of the COVID pandemic. As a result, WWE made the decision to put the title on another star.
Whatever the case, Zayn is back and he’s claiming to be the real IC Champ. He’s talking in French now and has let his hair and beard grow out substantially.
Even though he’s a heel, it’s hard to argue with of Zayn’s rationale.
- WWE Accidentally Leaks Scrapped WrestleMania 39 Plan
- WWE Confirms Vince McMahon An Employee Of The Company
- Big Matt Riddle WWE Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- The Usos Break Character To Praise Sami Zayn Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Triple H Has Big Plans For WWE Raw Star
- WWE To Scrap Planned Title Change?
- Carmella’s Role At WWE WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Roman Reigns Shares True Feelings About Sami Zayn
- Plans For Popular WWE Star ‘On Hold’ Until After WrestleMania 39