In addition to the update provided regarding NXT UK, WWE has also now suspended NXT UK star Joe Coffey. They additionally have released referees Joel Allen and Chris Roberts. All of these are in response to the #SpeakingOut movement. There is currently no word on the length or details of Coffey’s suspension.
Dave Meltzer reported the news on f4wonline.com and added that the talent had been warned about sexual conduct going forward. As reported earlier, the talent were also told to be prepared to get back in the ring. However, a timeframe was not specified as to when that might occur.
The movement began after accusations of rape were brought forth against David Starr two weeks ago. The movement then gained traction as dozens of women, men, and non-binary began sharing their experiences with abuse in pro wrestling. While this began as a UK-based movement, it quickly spread to all of pro wrestling.
If you are affected by any of these stories and are seeking help, please follow this link.
- Big Format Change To AEW Double Or Nothing Affecting CM Punk Vs. Hangman Page?
- Tony Khan Provides Update On AEW’s Standing Following Warner Bros Discovery Merger
- AEW Dynamite Live Results – May 25, 2022
- Cody Rhodes Planned As WWE 2K23 Cover Star?
- Alexa Bliss Reports “Fan” For Death Threats
- Rumour Killer On WWE Ending The Brand Split
- Sonny Kiss ‘Still Believes AEW Is For Everyone’ Despite Long TV Hiatus
- WWE SmackDown Star Ludwig Kaiser Undergoes Another Name Change
- CM Punk Posts Very Emotional Tweet Following Texas School Shooting Ahead Of AEW Dynamite
- Mia Yim Says ‘WWE Likes To Fix S**t That Isn’t Broken’