Vince McMahon’s sudden retirement from WWE came as a shock to both fans and wrestlers last night, with the former WWE CEO retiring from all duties, including creative.
The announcement came as such a shock as many expected Vince McMahon to never retire, including him showing such restraint following the Wall Street Journal articles against him became public.
Fightful Select (subscription required) has heard from many WWE talent after the news broke, with one talent saying that ‘it shouldn’t have taken a scandal for a shakeup, which made a lot of people wonder who is next to go, especially those within Vince’s inner circle.’ Most talent that Fightful spoke to believe that Kevin Dunn will likely leave the company or be forced out.
Another talent said that they are ‘not banking on anything being permanent. Triple H was phased out, Stephanie was phased out, Bruce left the company for a decade, Johnny has been in and out, and none of them have the power Vince does. I’m not convinced that he can actually stay away, especially if he feels the heat has died down.’
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- Another New WWE Championship Design Revealed & Big Return On SmackDown
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- Another WWE Championship Unification Match Announced
- Update On WWE Women’s Title Situation Ahead Of June 9 SmackDown
- KENTA Responds To Alternate Dream Match For CM Punk At Forbidden Door
- New IMPACT World Champion Crowned
- NXT Stars Interfere In Big Match On SmackDown
- Popular AEW Star Sidelined With Neck Injury
- Major WWE Championship Match Announced For SmackDown In London