WWE has announced that the company will be searching for ring announcers for the Biggest Party of the Summer on the TikTok platform.
It was previously reported that TikTok had partnered with WWE as part of its ‘Resumes’ feature to allow users to directly apply to become WWE talents.
A ring announcer search has just been launched, with WWE looking to award the two best performers the opportunity to do their thing at SummerSlam on August 21.
Entrants must upload a video to the platform with the hashtag #WWEAnnouncerContest to be eligible for the search.
WWE issued the following press release:
WWE® & TIKTOK LAUNCH SUMMERSLAM® RING ANNOUNCER SEARCH
STAMFORD, Conn., July 19, 2021 – Beginning today, WWE (NYSE: WWE) will launch a search for its next great ring announcer on TikTok as users can upload their most entertaining videos using the hashtag #WWEAnnouncerContest. The best performers will earn a trip to SummerSlam at Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas on Saturday, August 21, where they will serve as a ring announcer at WWE’s biggest event of 2021. The announcer search is presented by Pure Life® Purified Water.
In the weeks leading up to SummerSlam, WWE will review each video before announcing two winners from the company’s official TikTok channel on Monday, August 16. WWE Superstar Big E recorded his own TikTok video to explain how the competition works that can be viewed here.
“Our engagement on TikTok to date has been incredible and we couldn’t think of a better platform to help us find the next great ring announcer,” said Steve Braband, WWE Vice President, Digital.
Today’s announcement follows another innovative TikTok activation, through which WWE aims to discover and recruit its next generation of Superstars via the TikTok Resumes product. The search culminates in a multi-day talent tryout in Las Vegas as part of SummerSlam.
To date, WWE has amassed one of the largest TikTok audiences in sports with more than 11 million followers and has more than one billion fans across its global social media platforms, further cementing its position as one of the most-followed brands in the world.
SummerSlam will be one of the first sporting events held at full capacity at Allegiant Stadium, and the first time it will be held at an NFL venue. The event will stream live at 8 pm ET/5 pm PT exclusively on Peacock in the United States and on WWE Network everywhere else.
The Biggest Party of the Summer will reportedly be headlined by John Cena vs Roman Reigns. Cena returned to WWE at Money in the Bank, and confirmed that his surprise appearance was not a one-off.
- Backstage Heat With CM Punk Leads To Colt Cabana Missing AEW Shows?
- Former WWE Star Paul London ‘Insulted’ By Offer From AEW
- CM Punk Mocks WWE With Their Own History After Changing MITB Location
- NJPW Officially Addresses ‘Severe Disagreement’ With Kota Ibushi
- WWE Changes Ludwig Kaiser’s Name For Second Time This Week
- Which Stars WWE Meant When Claiming Sasha Banks & Naomi Didn’t Want To Work With Them
- WWE Locker Room Against Sasha Banks But Not Naomi After Walkout Controversy?
- Queen Zelina Injured, Timeline For Return Revealed
- Jake Paul Hunting For A Former WWE Heavyweight For Next Pay-Per-View
- AEW Star Leyla Hirsch Undergoes ACL Surgery