Last week, it was reported that WWE was planning to start a Queen of the Ring tournament in October, with it kicking off on the October 8 episode of SmackDown and the October 11 episode of Raw.
Furthermore, it was also reported this week that WWE was planning on returning to Saudi Arabia later this year, with the tentative date being October 21.
These two reports breaking at the same time may not be a coincidence, as Andrew Zarian, who reported both the previous reports, has claimed that the current plan is for WWE to hold the finals of the Queen of the Ring tournament in Saudi Arabia.
Based on previous years, we can expect this show to be named ‘Crown Jewel’, which is a fitting name for a show where the new queen is crowned.
WWE has held two previous women’s matches in Saudi Arabia, with Natalya defeating Lacey Evans at Crown Jewel in 2019, and Bayley retaining her SmackDown Women’s Championship against Naomi at Super Showdown 2020.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- Lita Makes Surprise Return Following WWE Injury Angle (Video)
- Cody Rhodes June 5 WWE Raw Plans Revealed
- Roman Reigns Shares First Comment Since Dramatic WWE SmackDown Ending
- Seth Rollins ‘First Title Defense’ Of WWE World Heavyweight Championship Already Happened
- Former WWE Star Says They’re Not Retired
- DNA Test Proves Wrestling Legend Is Not The Father Of Current Congresswoman
- Rhea Ripley Weighs In On Major WrestleMania 39 Debate
- Asuka Shares Expletive-Filled Translation Of Recent Promo Battle With IYO SKY
- WWE Star Confirms Shoulder Injury