It has emerged that the upcoming WWE SummerSlam 2021 pay-per-view could take place at a very iconic and historic location.
Last night, PWInsider reported that WWE is planning on holding the SummerSlam event this year on August 22, but the report did not state where WWE is planning on having the show take place.
Dave Meltzer said on the latest Wrestling Observer Radio that WWE has considered holding the SummerSlam event this year at Madison Square Garden in New York. He said:
Alvarez: “Well they announced a date for SummerSlam but no venue.”
Meltzer: “Yeah, I’ve heard maybe Madison Square Garden.”
Alvarez: “So I think that they’re gonna be announcing that venue soon.”
Meltzer: “Uh-oh, I shouldn’t have said that. Anyway, it may not be. It may not be, but it was under consideration. It’s not like it’s been announced or anything.”
If you use this quote or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com for the transcription and link to this page
A report from last week indicated that WWE is hoping to have SummerSlam as the start of its “return to touring”, with the company reportedly hoping to have full crowds back at shows by the summer.
WWE has yet to officially announce where the SummerSlam event is going to be taking place, so stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com for potential clarification on the matter over the comings days or weeks.
- Jon Moxley Addresses CM Punk WWE Return Promo
- CM Punk’s First WWE Feud Confirmed
- WWE Star Returns After Over 10 Months
- Update On Plans For Potential Roman Reigns & CM Punk WWE Feud
- AEW Stars Join New Faction
- CM Punk Hilariously References Seth Rollins Incident Following WWE Return
- WWE Star Reacts To Banned Move Seemingly Being Unbanned
- Details On Departed AEW Star’s ‘Fractured’ Relationship With Tony Khan
- WWE Star Returns With Bizarre New Gimmick
- EXCLUSIVE – Claudio Castagnoli Addresses CM Punk Joining WWE, Adam Copeland Joining AEW & More