It has emerged that the upcoming WWE SummerSlam 2021 pay-per-view could take place at a very iconic and historic location.
Last night, PWInsider reported that WWE is planning on holding the SummerSlam event this year on August 22, but the report did not state where WWE is planning on having the show take place.
Dave Meltzer said on the latest Wrestling Observer Radio that WWE has considered holding the SummerSlam event this year at Madison Square Garden in New York. He said:
Alvarez: “Well they announced a date for SummerSlam but no venue.”
Meltzer: “Yeah, I’ve heard maybe Madison Square Garden.”
Alvarez: “So I think that they’re gonna be announcing that venue soon.”
Meltzer: “Uh-oh, I shouldn’t have said that. Anyway, it may not be. It may not be, but it was under consideration. It’s not like it’s been announced or anything.”
If you use this quote or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com for the transcription and link to this page
A report from last week indicated that WWE is hoping to have SummerSlam as the start of its “return to touring”, with the company reportedly hoping to have full crowds back at shows by the summer.
WWE has yet to officially announce where the SummerSlam event is going to be taking place, so stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com for potential clarification on the matter over the comings days or weeks.
- Dakota Kai Teases War Games For WWE Clash At The Castle
- William Regal Believes NXT UK Stars Have Been Treated Fairly
- Jon Moxley To Face Nick Gage In GCW Title Vs Career Match
- Ronda Rousey Pokes Fun At WWE ‘Budget Cuts’
- WWE Raw After WrestleMania 39 Location Revealed
- Matt Hardy Says Triple H Taking Over WWE Creative Opens The Door For Many Returns
- Corey Graves Having More Fun On WWE Commentary With Triple H In Charge
- Kane Provides Huge Update On Wrestling Future
- PROGRESS Chapter 137 Results: New World Champion Crowned
- Inaugural NJPW STRONG Openweight Tag Team Champions Crowned