Earlier today, WWE announced a new tournament for the NXT UK Brand. The NXT UK Heritage Cup Tournament will begin on next Thursday’s NXT UK relaunch episode.
WWE has announced that in addition to being crowned the winner of the tournament the winner will now also be named the first-ever NXT UK Heritage Cup Champion.
Also, after the tournament, the Heritage Cup will be defended as a title and the title matches will also be held under British Rounds Rules. Here is the full announcement from WWE:
The top Superstars in NXT UK will battle to write a new chapter in the brand’s history, but only one will be crowned the first-ever holder of the NXT UK Heritage Cup.
In the coming weeks, eight Superstars will compete in a tournament contested under British Rounds rules.
The field includes Flash Morgan Webster, Noam Dar, Alexander Wolfe, A-Kid, “The Bomber” Dave Mastiff, Trent Seven, Joseph Conners and a final wildcard entrant yet to be determined.
The British Rounds rules are as follows:
- All matches consist of six three-minute rounds.
- All matches are 2-out-of-3 Falls.
- Falls can won by pinfall, submission or count-out.
- Once a fall occurs, the round ends.
- The match ends once a wrestler has won two falls.
- In the event of a disqualification or knockout, the match instantly ends without the need for two falls.
- If all six rounds are completed, whomever is ahead on falls wins the match.
- There will be a 20-second break between each round.
Following the tournament, the NXT UK Heritage Cup will be defended as a championship under the same rules.
Don’t miss the first episode of NXT UK’s relaunch, next Thursday, Sept. 17, at 3 ET/8 BST on the award-winning WWE Network!